RSS

Our MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where moms can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged, and gain practical parenting strategies. All while their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Summer Fun & Safety" Recap

I am still smiling about last night. I had lots of fun, once I arrived.
Prior to leaving my house, I was feeling quite tired and drained. I absolutely enjoyed myself and felt recharged, and I hope that each mom in the room can say the same thing.
We had a great time with lots of new faces. Our "Summer Fun & Safety" was evident through our festive summer foods (the splish, splash cake was great!), and our relaxing craft that was personalized with beads to encourage us to read over the summer. The discussion time was full of smiles and growing friendships - hooray for girl time to just sit and talk! Ginny Harrison shared her heart and personal experience as a swim instructor for infants and toddlers. Though a couple stories and statistics brought tears to my eyes, I know that I needed to hear the caution and reality of our little ones remaining safe near the many lakes and pools in our area. Ginny's tenderness toward her students and parents and excitement about the Lord are contagious...I'm so thankful that she shared with us.

0 comments: