RSS

Our MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where moms can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged, and gain practical parenting strategies. All while their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.

Friday, September 5, 2008

A First

**UPDATED 9/9/08**
The weekend away in Las Vegas was great! The conference was incredible...I'm sure that I'll share some of what I learned as the months go on.

Being away was great for both of us. I came back to a little girl that was happy to see me. Even better, she's quite attached to her Daddy now. :) It's a great thing to be away, miss your family, and then be reunited with them.

We've enjoyed lots of silly moments since I returned on Sunday night. She greets Daddy with a little dance now, and asks for him with a huge grin while he's at work.

I'm so glad that I took a step towards something new, and it turned out so well. I know that God's hand was in it through each day, hour, minute that we were apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sitting on pins and needles! My mom and I are leaving, this morning, for a 3 day/2 night trip, just us. Yes, that means that this Mommy will be leaving my precious little girl home with Daddy.

That may not be a big deal to some of you, but this is a first for me. I have not spent the night away from her - EVER. She is turning 20 months this weekend, so I know that we will both survive. My heart is still struggling to stay calm, knowing that we will be apart for 3 days.

This is the first of many adventures for this year for our family, and I'll keep you posted how this one turns out......

0 comments: