RSS

Our MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where moms can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged, and gain practical parenting strategies. All while their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who Am I?

By Erin Ramsey, Creative Activities Co-Leader

Sometimes I’m tired. Just tired of all the Things I am.
I say that I’m just Too many Things to too many People.
I’m a Wife. I’m a Mom. I’m a Housekeeper. I’m a Friend.
It can go on and on. Then it “hits” me, Yeah I am all those Things but I’m some-Thing even more than all that. I’m a Child of God.
What does that mean though?
Well, the Bible tells me that I was Knit together Perfectly in my Mother’s womb. No matter how Broken or Lost I feel, I must remember –
Who I am above all else – I am HIS.
He loves ME. He chose to Save Me.
So, knowing that HE loves ME and loves all of the Things that I am,
I know I can be those Things through Him and to please Him.
I cannot live for Myself or Anyone else.

Yes Lord, I will be all of those Things for you. I will be a Wife for you. I will be a Mom for you. I will be a Housekeeper for you. I will be a Friend for you. Amen

“Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you. I’ve called you by name. You’re Mine. When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end – Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you:…That’s how much you mean to Me! That’s how much I love you! I’d sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you."
-Isaiah 43:2-4 (The Message translation)

"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out,you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day."

-Psalm 139:13-16 (The Message translation)

0 comments: