RSS

Our MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where moms can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged, and gain practical parenting strategies. All while their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dec. 1st Meeting re-cap!!


CHRISTMAS BRUNCH!!

Today was our Christmas brunch!!
We started off with a cute little creative activity! We took ordinary business envelopes and made little gift bags out of them! We added some candy and VIOLA!!!!! Great little Christmas party favors!! We made little ones , but you can use any envelope for any variation! You can find some ideas and instructions here!!

After our creative activity, the steering team put on their "unique" version of a "live" nativity and serenaded us with "Away in the Manger" and "We wish you a merry Christmas!" From the child character blankets to the burger King crowns, they put on a fine show!! :o) For your viewing pleasure:
Our Ice Breaker game today was build a nativity picture from stickers! It was a race and each piece was in a different envelope! Congrats to the WOOD table for pulling out the victory!!

Today we had the privilege of welcoming our guest speaker, Jodi Vermass. She spoke powerful truth about "WHAT LIES MOMS BELIEVE" and then offered the truth that sets us free from those lies!

She outlines it below for us to come back to and reference when we feel we need some truth!

I have to be the perfect mother
2 Cor. 12:9-10 But he said to me, " My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. " Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
When things calm down, I will prioritize God
Psalm 37:3-6 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

God needs to fix my life

I Thess. 5:23-24 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
John 14:1-4 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
People are more important than God
Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I need a break from my life

Galations 6:7-8 Do not be deceived; God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life.
I Cor. 10:13 And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Great words!!!
We look forward to seeing you on Dec. 15th for our "Crafts with Kids" day! We will meet in the MPR room. Look for the EVITE in your inbox and RSVP so that our Craft ladies can have enough crafts for everyone !! (AND don't forget to bring some cookies to share!! :o)

We truly hope your holiday season is blessed beyond your wildest imagination!!
See you next meeting!



0 comments: