RSS

Our MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where moms can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged, and gain practical parenting strategies. All while their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A good cause!

A local mom from our neighboring MOPS group is embarking on a great journey for a good cause!!  She is our guest today to let us know a bit about what she is doing and how she is helping to "change lives"!!  I love that we can embrace and support our neighboring MOPS groups.  We are all in this MOM thing together!!

Hello fellow MOPS moms! My name is Miranda Kelly and I am a member of the FUMC MOPS group. I'm a pretty typical mom of two, a 3 yr old daughter and 5 month old son. I have recently taken on a challenge that I am eager to tell you about!

I have joined The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's TEAM IN TRAINING and I am preparing for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in March 2010. Team in Training (TNT) is a group of participants who have committed not only to train and complete an endurance event but have also committed to raising money and awareness for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).

LLS's mission is to find a cure for blood cancers and to provide programs that improve the quality of life for patients and their families. Leukemia remains the leading cause of cancer related death in children and Leukemia and Lymphoma are the leading fatal cancers in young men under 35. Progress is being made against blood cancers and funds raised from TNT events/participants are helping make that progress possible!




My commitment to Team In Training is to raise a minimum of $2,100 for LLS. I hope that you will take a few moments to check out my personal TNT homepage for additional information and consider making a donation. http://pages.teamintraining.org/cfl/dipihalf10/mkellycb5q




NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL and donations are tax-deductible. Donations can be made online through my homepage or, if you prefer, you may donate by check. Checks should be made out to: The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and should be mailed to me at:

Miranda Kelly
808 Palm Forest Lane

Minneola, FL 34715

If you have any questions about TNT or LLS please feel free to contact me at mlk81499@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time. See you at the finish line!!


0 comments: