RSS

Our MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where moms can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged, and gain practical parenting strategies. All while their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dating God!!!

Happy Valentines day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today we welcome some thoughts and

ponderings from our own Erin Ramsey!!

Try to recall a time when you've been in a dating relationship (maybe you're in one now, bless your heart) ... if you're married..then think about your relationship pre-wedding day.

If you had a typical dating relationship it's safe to say that you did at least 1 of the following: Daydream about each other, write each other sickening sweet notes, exchange thoughtful gifts, stay up late talking on the phone until you fell asleep (and fight over who was going to hang up first).

And if you had a typical dating relationship it's also safe to say that all those feelings and actions didn't last forever. That is just typically how relationships cycle. You make a great connection with another person, you try to see them as much as possible or you even go out of your way to be with them. Then someone gets selfish. Someone starts to think of their own needs instead of the other person's. Maybe your eyes start to drift away to someone else.



I fell in love with my husband almost instantly after meeting him. My feelings for him were so strong that I thought it'd be a good idea if we broke up. So I called him up and told him I wanted to "just be friends". Sounds logical right? No, it wasn't logical, it was called "I was scared." I was scared of the commitment of a relationship. I had known all of the fun and good feelings of dating, but I didn't want to actually work in my relationship.


Have you dated God? Have you made an Awesome, life changing connection with Him and lost it? Did you start to think of your own needs more than him? Have you turned your attention to someone else or other activities to fill your life?

Thank goodness, my husband loved me enough to stick around and wait for me to come to my senses. I called him back a few weeks later to tell him I missed him too much to break up.
My husband isn't the only one I've broken up with.
And my husband isn't the only one who accepted me back.

If you've broken up with God, He wants you back.
It may not have been a dramatic break-up, you may even still be dating..but you're starting to lose those "lovin' feelings"... He's still as in love with you as the day he Made you!!! All you have to do is tell Him you'd like another chance.

"... Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord.
Malachi 3:7

Have a great Valentine weekend!! Can't wait to see you all on Tuesday, February 16th.... You DO NOT want to miss this one. The topic... "LOVE ON MOM"!!! You will be so happy you came!

0 comments: